Wednesday, February 4, 2009

the choice is yours--and yours & yours

I decided to let the kids decide what they wanted for dinner yesterday, since I really wasn’t in the mood to come home and cook. “Chicken…Ribs…Spaghetti” Fridays! 5:00 is a great time to hit up the restaurants-it was empty and we were seated and served right away! After we have discussed and decided what we all want to eat, the kids are encouraged to speak up and tell the waiter their orders. They have become quite good btw. Aiden orders his, followed by Ethan’s whisper of “pasgehtti” and then its Ava’s turn. Our waiter was young, maybe 20, and was a real god sport about asking them what they would like, “and for you young lady?” “Oh, I have to go pee really really bad!” I tried to laugh it off and order for her, but he was already a shade lighter than his apron. It might have not been so embarrassing if lets say she didn’t speak so loud and clear! Poor kid. We get back to our table after getting her to the bathroom and she resumes coloring her menu. After a few seconds, she looks up at me and says, “I just don’t know mom. I just don’t know” as she is shaking her head like she is at a loss for words.

 So for the second night in a row I haven’t been able to muster up the energy to cook dinner when getting home. I again ask the kids what they want. Ethan shout’s, “French toast!” French Toast it is! “We have to have a veggie…or a fruit??” “Fruit!!” Caramelized apples atop the French toast, smothered in maple syrup it is! 

And now I question my sanity….if you could hear them now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment