Yes it's official.....we are looking for cute (pink) full body armor for Ava! Some of you may have already heard-a few weeks ago little Miss Chatterbox was doing what she does best (hence the name). Being not-so coordinated at talking and anything else, she slipped on the water in the bottom of the tub-and just like her daddy-didn't bother putting her hands out. It happened so quick, I couldn't catch her with my ninja-like reflexes. I scooped her up and could only see the blood rushing down from her mouth and chin into the running water. After the screaming, crying, and heavy bleeding seized, I was able to see that she had split her tiny little chin open. (just fyi...she didn't hit anything on the way down-that's just how hard she hit). I called the advice nurse because I wasn't prepared for another night in the ER, but they told me to bring her in "right away"-ooooh if only I could have given that advice nurse a piece of my mind! (if i had an angry face emoticon it would be inserted here)
Long-short, Ava cried, we sat, Ava cried, we sat some more, Ava screamed and threw a tantrum, I yelled at staff, Ava played on dirty floor, I yelled some more (louder this time)....and 5 hours later they dermabonded her chin shut. Dermabond is the new stitches-I wonder if I could have just used superglue and had the same results???
So we arrived home closer to 1:00am, slept a few hours, and played hookie from work. Glad to report Ava's chin is looking much better...but last Saturday nights fall-on-face-bite-upper-lip-and-bleed-really-bad-fat-lip incident was enough for us to start googling bubbles for toddlers.
Long-short, Ava cried, we sat, Ava cried, we sat some more, Ava screamed and threw a tantrum, I yelled at staff, Ava played on dirty floor, I yelled some more (louder this time)....and 5 hours later they dermabonded her chin shut. Dermabond is the new stitches-I wonder if I could have just used superglue and had the same results???
So we arrived home closer to 1:00am, slept a few hours, and played hookie from work. Glad to report Ava's chin is looking much better...but last Saturday nights fall-on-face-bite-upper-lip-and-bleed-really-bad-fat-lip incident was enough for us to start googling bubbles for toddlers.

No comments:
Post a Comment