Monday, September 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Dooder!


This post marks the conclusion of a very long day. We started our day at about 6am, a little later than usual on a school day. I had a wisdom tooth pulled this past Saturday (most of the day which I do not recall), so I was taking the day off of work to continue to heal. Anyway, I started my day finishing Ethan’s cupcakes for his class birthday celebration. Ethan also had his very first field trip today to Rocklin PD and FD. Last Friday the class tie-dyed shirts, which they wear on every field trip….so he made his shirt (himself) that he was wearing today for his birthday. Mike picked the boys up early from school and we headed to the Sacramento Zoo, courtesy of our good friends the Edwards (thanks). This was Mike, Ethan, and Ava’s first time at the Sacramento Zoo…Aiden and I have been several times. The lioness came out while Ava and I were standing there, and started climbing on top of her King. I think it was the most I have ever seen any animal at that zoo move. The monkeys are always entertaining; you could hear their loud “siren” sounding calls all across the zoo. Ethan was really excited to see the Zebras and the Giraffes. After some lunch and the remainder of our zoo tour, we headed across the street to Fairy Tale Town-a first for all of us. They have all the storybook fairy tales built into little “park” structures that the kids can play on/in. They climbed aboard the Giants foot from Jack in the Beanstalk, rode on Cinderella’s horse and carriage, slid down the barn slide of Charlotte’s Web, and climbed to the top of Owl’s House (Winnie the Pooh). The crooked mile was fun, but with Ava’s track record, she had me running very closely behind her. After a quick pit-stop to Toys R Us to give Ethan his “shopping spree” we spent the next hour or so building his new Indiana Jones Temple of Doom-IN LEGOS! I must say I did an excellent job….only having a handful of “extra” pieces. Of course they’re extra! The smell of chocolate cake fills the room right now, and we’re about to sing our last Happy Birthday of the night. Happy 5th Birthday Dooder!

No comments:

Post a Comment