Tuesday, August 19, 2008

We survived day 1!

Ethan on his way to school
Ethan and Dad in class
Ethan in reading circle

Wow...what a day!

Most of our preperation for this morning began last night (getting three kids up and ready before 6:30am is not easy to do with only one cup of coffee flowing through the veins). Ethan seemed a little quiet on our drive in to school/work. It could have been the nerves, the early time of day, or a little bit of both. Mike came along for the ride so Ethan wouldn't be the only one without a parent in the morning. I was not only running around from 2nd to Kinder, but had to work with the VP to keep the school running smoothly as well.

Aiden...no problem. I lined up with him this morning in front of his class, and as the time grew near I asked him, "how are you feeling...nervous, scared, excited (tired)?" And his response (very loudly might I add), "mom, I've been to school before." He waved good-bye, walked in, and that was that. Of course I had to pop in during the day to try to embarrass him, but he made it look like he was the coolest kid there because his mom works there....hehehe What an old pro. lol

Mike was with Ethan in his class helping him get acclimated. I made it in just in time to catch a few Kodak moments, hear part of the good-bye story, and sneak an air delivered kiss to Ethan. My nerves were put to rest when my kiss was returned with a grin ear to ear.:) The few times I saw him through the day, he seemed to be fitting right in!

While the kids played and fed their bellies & their brains-I worked my boo-tay off trying to smooth out all of the rough edges (today was the first day our school has been in operation-EVER!) 4:00 snuck up on me very quickly, but man was I grateful. I couldn't get out of there quick enough to meet up with the boys to see how their days went.

Aiden made a bunch of new friends, as I knew he would, and Ethan surprisingly said he was excited to go back. I didn't get to have lunch with them today, but as the dust settles I'm sure it will become a lunch ritual.

We all survived the first day of school and will enjoy some pizza to celebrate. Hopefully their enthusiasm lasts throughout the year, and for many years to come!
xoxo Jesenia

2 comments:

  1. Yeah!!! The first day is over with and you all survived! Aiden and Ethan I'm so proud of you guys!!! Have a great day and make sure you listen to your teacher. I thought about you all day long! Grandma loves you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow they started early!! ru working at the school? You sound like you really have your act together lady!! That is hilarious about Ava and the pen and her ass.......Our boys r the same age and so are our sons...hahahaha
    Now we HAVE to get together!!

    ReplyDelete