Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Miracle Drugs

Have you ever heard of “miracle” Tylenol or Motrin- or whatever “pain” medicine you give your child?  

Scenario #1

7:30am, Child #2: “Mom, I really don’t feel good. I don’t want to go to school my head really hurts.” As if emphasizing their “really” suggests that last time they said they weren’t feeling well they were full of you know what.

7:35am: After the whining, nagging, and moping Mother administers 2 chewable Children’s Tylenol tablets—after all it is cold & flu season

7:37am: Child #2 caught running around, laughing hysterically, and wrestling with his brother.

I don’t know about you, but adult Tylenol doesn’t even take my headache away…I should really consider switching.

Scenario #2 (child truly sick)

Child #1: Fever 103, vomiting, diarrhea, cough, and congestion

Mother: Administers PLENTY of Motrin

Child#1: This time approximately 30 minutes later, when the medicine has actually kicked in. Running around, dancing, laughing, exhaustion/fever GONE, playing, as if those above mentioned symptoms never existed in this child on this day!

I guess what Vicodin, Percocet, and many other unmentionable drugs do for us adults. J

1 comment: