Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Ava’s Memorable Moments

First let me start by saying, Congratulations to  Jestina and her fiancé Matt, who were recently engaged on Christmas Day. Jestina is my cousin and also Ava’s McNanny.  With all of the wedding planning to be planned, Ava is becoming increasingly obsessed with weddings and getting married. Ok, so she's only been with Jestina for a total of 1 (one, uno, ein, un) day, and she is already obsessed. All through dinner she talked about “her wedding” and how I was going to have the privilege to be in it. Here’s how she broke the news to her father:

Mike to Ava: “Hi hunny. Are you getting ready for bed?”

Ava (all excited and in a very high-pitch mousy voice): “Daddy, guess what?!”

Mike: “What?”

Ava: “You and mommy are going to be in my wedding <Inaudible, squeak-squeak @ 5,000wps>  I am going to have 2 pretty dresses, one pink, with a crown, and pretty shoes.  <Inaudible, squeak-squeak @ 5,000wps> and you can come to my wedding.”   

Mike: “You have another 25 years to go before your wedding.”

Ava (as if her world just came shattering to pieces--- quickly turned to anger and defiance): “NO! I am going to have my wedding.” Continued by <Inaudible, squeak-squeak @ 5,000wps> for approximately 4 more minutes.   

Ava has another small, yet unusual, obsession….showering! She averages 2 showers a day, but has been known to take as many as 4. I guess she’s making up for the boys’ less than enthusiastic desire to be clean.  So one day I am getting ready to head out the door. I take a last look at myself in the mirror before I deem myself ready, and here comes Ava strippin’, walkin’, and chatterboxin'. 

Mom to Ava: “What the heck are you doing?!?!”

Ava: “I’m going to take a shower.”

Mom (probably with one hand on the hip): “Oh no you aren’t. We have to leave right now!”

Ava (now naked and IN the shower-water off-getting ready to turn the water on): “Yes! I need to take a shower.”

Mom: “You turn that water on and I am leaving your butt here Missy!”

Ava (now stepping out of the shower, frustrated and angry, pointing her finger and scolding me, as she slowly annunciates her words): “DON’T YOU DARE!” 


Update: Today she is telling Jestina that her wedding is tomorrow. Guess she better get her butt moving on finding Prince Charming!

1 comment:

  1. Oh too cute! Now I wanna have a little girl! I have 3 boys!!

    ReplyDelete