Sunday, November 30, 2008






When I heard the knock on the front door this morning, I turned over in bed and cursed the door-to-door "sales people" When I heard the knock 5 more times, I got out of bed pretty po'd. I looked out of the window to see who it was, and that's when I saw the river flowing from our driveway, down the sidewalk, and flooding the street. Hmmm, I thought, "that's strange it isn't raining" I opened the door only to find out that a water main had ruptured underneath our driveway, and was collapsing our sidewalk and driveway. An hour or so later, the city showed up (oh I bet they were mad when they got that call during Sunday football) and said they were going to demo our driveway for the next 5 or so hours. He also said he was going to shut the water off to the whole block for the next 5 or so hours , and to throw in laundry now if I had to....yeah, he actually said that. It's ok, my response came in the form of a look, which was enough to shove both of his boots into his mouth. Soooooo I guess we wont be going anywhere anytime soon....but it looks like we'll have a new driveway by the end of the day. 

1 comment: